Thanks to Regency Media, Vertigo has 10 double passes to see Anne Fontaine’s new film Gemma Bovery.
For your chance to win email firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘Gemma Bovery Giveaway Entry’ in the subject line. Please also include your name, student ID number, phone number and best contact with your entry and tell us, in 25 words or less, why you want to see this film.
When an English couple named Gemma and Charles Bovery move into a small Normandy town, Martin Joubert, the baker and resident Flaubert fan, can’t believe it. Here are two real life figures who seem to be replicating the behaviour of his favourite fictional characters right before his eyes.
This charming retelling of the classic Madame Bovary story is a visual feast, from the picturesque countryside to the so-good-you-can-almost-taste-it patisserie. Gemma Arterton is the playfully updated version of France’s most famous heroine with Fabrice Luchini as the smitten baker and film’s narrator. Complications ensue when Gemma meets a dashing aristocrat – just as the plot unfolds in the book.
Skilfully directed by Anne Fontaine, who also made the similarly sumptuous Coco Before Chanel, Gemma Bovery is based on the popular graphic novel by Posy Simmonds. Balancing real sensuality and hilarious one-liners, this is an endearing film about the dangers of stirring passions, with Arterton radiant as the titular bored housewife and Luchini delightful as always in the role of the comically obsessed baker.
Terms & Conditions
- Only one entry per person per competition.
- Must be a UTS student to enter.
- Competition closes 5pm Friday 5th June.
- Winners will be notified by 8th June.
- Winners will need to contact the Vertigo Editors in regards to collecting tickets from their office or the Students Association at UTS.
- The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Prizes cannot be transferred for cash.